Facial acupuncture is a safe, painless and effective treatment for renewing the face as well as the whole body. Fine lines may be entirely erased, deeper lines reduced and bags around neck and eyes firmed. Fine needles are placed at a variety of acupuncture points on the face, neck and around the eyes to stimulate the body’s natural energies, or Qi. Since muscle groups are addressed as well the acupuncture points, the face lifts itself, via the acupuncture points, through the muscles’ toning and tightening action. The needles also stimulate blood and circulation, which improves facial color.
The treatment is enhanced by the use of Chinese herbal masks, poultices and moisturizers, jade rollers and cold laser, which enhance blood circulation, remove fine lines and age spots, and prevent premature aging
How Long Is The Treatment?
Facial Acupuncture involves the patient in an organic process, in which a series of treatments is necessary to achieve maximal effect. After an initial session, Dr Debbie will evaluates your response, and then can determine the number of follow-up visits that will be required:
After this evaluation, and taking into consideration other variables such as stress, diet, lifestyle, genetic inheritance, proper digestion and elimination, sleep, emotional balance, and age, the following durations of treatment are customarily recommended:
- Usually 12-15 treatments;
- 20 treatments for smokers or people whose skin tends to sag, i.e., who manifest jowls, “turkey wattles,” droopy eyes, etc.
- 2 times a week (if possible), for 45 minutes to 1 hour; or
- 1 treatment per week, 90 minutes
Maintenance Treatments: Within the normal parameters of aging, the completion of a series of treatments should be effective. To ensure the persistence of the results, ongoing maintenance treatments are recommended:
Every 2 weeks for 2 months following the completion of a treatment series, then once a month for an indefinite amount of time;
Is Facial Acupuncture for Everyone?
People with the following conditions should not have Facial Acupuncture.
- Severe high blood pressure (it is OK when the blood pressure is under control and the patient is seeing a medical doctor)
- Severe migraines (if the patient is having a migraine only once every 3 months or so, they can receive facial acupuncture treatments)
- Be aware that it takes a patient 3 weeks to recover from laser resurfacing on the face. Do not needle during that time; wait a week after microdermabrasion.
- pregnancy, colds or flu, acute herpes outbreak
Facial Benefits Of Facial Acupuncture
· Can improve collagen/elastin production and muscle tone
· Helps reduce bags and sagging tendencies/sunken areas “flesh out”
· Helps eliminate fine lines and diminish larger wrinkles
· Helps reduce double chin and lifts drooping eyelids
· Improves metabolism
· Tightens pores and brightens eyes
· Increases local blood and lymph circulation
· Improves facial color and provides more radiance to the skin
· Reduces stress and promotes total health and well-being
Full Body Benefits Of Facial A
- Helps menopause, perimenopause, PMS and other Gynecological issues
- Improves acne (caused by hormonal imbalances)
- Helps sinus congestion and headache
- Improves hyper-and hypothyroidism
- Reduces symptoms of toothache, TMJ, trigeminal neuralgia, and Bell’s palsy
- Helps headaches (except severe migraine)
- Treats diarrhea and constipation (most digestive issues)
- Helps to eliminate edema and puffiness
- Benefits eyes, ears and brain
- Retards hair loss and hair graying
- Can help insomnia and dizziness
- Helps depression and aids self esteem
Facial Acupuncture is non-invasive, less costly than surgical procedures, and draws upon the ancient Chinese wisdom related to longevity, beauty and balance.