Low Level Laser Light Therapy
Low-level lasers supply energy to the body in the form of non-thermal photons of light. Light is transmitted through the skin's layers (the dermis, epidermis and the subcutaneous tissue or tissue fat under the skin) at all wavelengths in the visible range. However, light waves in the near infrared ranges penetrate the deepest of all light waves in the visible spectrum.
When low level laser light waves penetrate deeply into the skin, they optimize the immune responses of the blood. It is a scientific fact that light transmitted to the blood in this way has positive effective throughout the whole body, supplying vital oxygen and energy to every cell. Low Level Laser Therapy treats these conditions: pain from an old or new injury or accident, repetitive stress injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome, lower back pain, migraine headaches, skin ulcers, bed or other pressure sores, acne or rosacea, herpes simplex (cold sores).
- Relieves acute and chronic pain
- Increases the speed, quality and tensile strength of tissue repair
- Increases blood supply
- Stimulates the immune system
- Stimulates nerve function
- Develops collagen and muscle tissue
- Helps generate new and healthy cells and tissue
- Promotes faster wound healing and clot formation
- Reduces inflammation